Film Production Insurance

‘The only safe thing is to take a chance’ and ‘If you’re not failing every now and then it’s a sign you are not doing anything very innovative’.

These are just a couple of pithy quotes from great directors that sum up the central paradox of any creative pursuit. You need to take risks to be any good, but to be any good you need accept the possibility of failure, and failure can sometimes be good!

That’s where we come in.

Whether you are a videographer, a production company making promos or online content, or a producer of TV and Films for global distribution, Eggar Forrester Creative will be able to find you the most suitable film equipment and film production insurance covers, so you can get on with doing what you do best.

From Film Producers’ Indemnity Insurance to Public Liability Insurance and Employers Liability Insurance, we can have you covered.

What is Film Production Insurance?

Film production insurance, sometimes referred to as simply film insurance, is designed to protect filmmakers from certain liabilities related to film production. A comprehensive film insurance policy can extend from protecting rented and owned equipment from loss or damage, through to protecting producers and employers against unexpected accidents, injuries, interruptions and cancellations that may happen during a shoot. 

Film production insurance packages can be tailored to each unique project. However, regardless of whether it’s a year-long feature film shoot or a week-long promo shoot, it’s always important to obtain cover so you can go ahead and create without fear. 


Film & Production Insurance, what is right for you?

  • Film Producers Indemnity Insurance

    Cover for additional costs incurred by interruption, cancellation, abandonment or re-scheduling of a production.

  • Public Liability Insurance

    Accidents happen, particularly on fast-paced, ever-changing sets and locations, and where people and their property are at risk, a split second lapse in concentration could end up costing you dearly, and so it’s always sensible to have public liability in place.

  • Employers Liability

    Employers Liability insurance is a legal requirement if you employ even a single person. The worst case scenario is not something we like to think about too often but injuries in the course of work occur all the time and protection is a must.

  • Film Equipment Insurance

    From cameras to sound equipment, we will work with you to create a cover that makes sure all the equipment that is vital to your business running is looked after. That’s in all locations as well, whether at home, in the studio, or out on location.

  • Videographer Insurance

    Perhaps you’re a videographer that works freelance filming weddings, or music videos, maybe even corporate events and parties. We will work with you to create a video production insurance package that is tailored to your needs and lets you concentrate on your passion. Our flexibility is our strength, by understanding exactly what you need we will make sure you’re completely covered for all eventualities. As part of a core package, this could involve professional indemnity and public liability cover, but could also extend to any other area you identify.

  • Media & TV Production Insurance

    No matter your size, whether a freelancer, sole trader, a partnership, or a limited company, we’ll ensure you have the correct insurance to get the project done. For example, all production companies, if they want permission to do commercial photography or film will need public liability insurance.

    All shoots and productions vary greatly, because of this, we know that a rigid blanket model won’t work effectively for insurance. We’ll work with you to understand your needs and find a solution that takes into account the difficulties within your industry.


The short answer is, there is no one-size-fits-all when it comes to film insurance. Ultimately, each package will depend on the requirements of the production company, and of the film shoot itself. That said, if you plan on producing several films throughout the year, a long-term policy is always recommended. Alternatively, short-term cover is provided on a job-to-job basis.

Public liability insurance for film production will cover compensation payments and legal fees, if your business is ever liable for causing an injury or damaging property.

Unfortunately, over your career, chances are that you’ll suffer damage to your equipment at some point. Building up the tools of your trade takes time, effort and money. Any uninsured damage to equipment can be devastating in terms of being able to complete a job and also replace the losses. With film equipment insurance you can rest assured that the cost of replacing or repairing the damaged equipment will be covered.

You can begin the conversation by calling 0207 382 7710, or use our contact form and we’ll call you back. If you’d prefer to email us, our address is:

Start the conversation:

Call: 0207 382 7710


Alternatively use our Contact Form and we’ll call you back.


Or email us directly:


Available Mon-Fri, 9am to 5.30pm, excluding bank holidays.